ART HEADLINES FROM ALL OVERMay 6, 2011
* Alice Walton’s Crystal Bridges Museum, slated to open on Nov. 11, 2011, in Benton, Ark., has received another $800 million towards its endowment from the Walton Family Foundation, reports Culture Grrl. [Image: Alice Walton’s Crystal Bridges Museum]
* The U.S. National Archives has launched a web portal that aggregates all online archives of artworks looted by the Nazis.
* Stone Roses guitarist John Squire is exhibiting abstract portraits of Keira Knightly and David Beckham in London, reports the Guardian.†
* A group of 21 Berlin artists are suing the city for destroying their paintings on the on the Berlin Wall, the Guardian says.
* Mary Ann Conelli, executive director of the financially beleaguered American Folk Art Museum, has resigned after the museum missed a $3.7 million debt payment, according to Bloomberg.