ART HEADLINES FROM ALL OVERMay 26, 2011
* SFMoMA plans to add huge, wedge-shaped Snohetta-designed $250-million expansion to rear of its existing Mario Botta building, reports SF Gate.
* A report by the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health finds that exposure to culture is linked to good health -- particularly for men! -- says the BBC.
* Leonora Carrington, 1917-2011, the last living Surrealist, died of pneumonia yesterday in Spain.
* Detained but not silenced: two Swiss museums showcase jailed artist Ai Weiwei, says Worldradio.
* On his state visit, President Obama to be shown artworks that reveal British enthusiasm for all things American, according to the Guardian.
* 20-year-old Canadian graffiti artist Maximino Gonzales -- tag name Meno -- was arrested on Tuesday after evading police for “a year or two,” reports Anchorage Daily News.