TINY TOP TEN
You know, any year that Lisa Phillips demonstrates at the Met, Jeff Koons gets to curate, Deitch allegedly gets a facelift, Gagosian opens a gallery in Switzerland and the dead lead keeps dominating in general has gotta suck, so time to count our blessings.
2) Jason Andrew of Storefront in Bushwick is the new male pinup.
4) We got to see how Brenda Zlamany painted Leonardo Drew nude.
5) Bharti Kher's elephant broke a million big ones at auction.
6) Lena Dunham's movie is a hit, even though it is basically mumblecore squared.
7) Lots of people crowded the Anselm Kiefer show, even though it was terrible.
8) No new images of Barack Obama were created in 2010.
†9) Daniel Loeb got appointed to the MOCA board in L.A., thus spelling doom for Eli Broad.
†10) Rafael Ferrer got signed by Adam Baumgold!
CHARLIE FINCH is co-author of Most Art Sucks: Five Years of Coagula (Smart Art Press).