|Analytics Reports | FAQ|
Most frequently asked questions about Analytics ReportsShow all answers
1. I'm interested in a particular artist; is this artist available for an Analytics Report?
If the artist you are looking for is not available, please email us, or call at +1-212-497-9700, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (EST). We would be happy to assess the requested artist. If the artist meets the necessary requirements, we will provide you with an estimated time of completion and a confirmation as to when the report is ready to be purchased.
2. Which report is right for me?
Artist Market Report: Create a report tracking the performance of all artworks by an artist against artnet Indices, as well as financial indices. Reports include sell-through rates, price estimates, top prices, and biographical information.
Artwork Analysis Report: Compare sets of artworks from a single artist to illustrate price trends, or combine similar artworks to view the performance of a specific series.
Multiple Artists Report: Compare or combine the performance of selected artists to illustrate price trends over time. Every artist can be weighted individually to match your collection.
artnet Top Picks: Select a ready-made report on current topics and market trends. Reports are curated by artnet art market analysts.
In addition to these four reports, we can provide custom analysis for those looking for more specific data. Please email us, or call at +1-212-497-9700 for more information.
3. How long does it take for me to receive my completed report?
4. What information is included in an Analytics Report?
5. What format do my reports come in?
6. How many artists/comparable sets can I compare in one report?
7. Do my reports expire?
Please note that all artnet Indices are updated monthly, as new market data become available. Once new data are added, an Update link will appear for your listed report on the My Reports page. The report may now be updated. We suggest that you update your report at least once a year to ensure that you have access to the best, most relevant data. If you have any problems while updating your reports, please email us, or call at +1-212-497-9700, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (EST).
8. Do I need to create an account to purchase a report?
The process is simple. Once you build your report and check out, you will be directed to your Personal Information page. Please provide your name, username, password, and email. You will then be taken to the Billing Information page to complete your order.
9. How can I pay for my reports?
1. Review your order: Review the report specifications you have requested
2. Choose a payment option: Log in to deduct the cost of the report from a report package you previously purchased, or enter your billing information to pay by credit card
3. Complete your order: Review your order summary and billing information carefully; if everything is correct, please click "Purchase My Report" to finalize your order
4. Print your receipt: Once you have purchased your report, you will be taken to a confirmation page that you can print for your records; an email will also be sent to confirm your order
Visit the My Reports page to view, download, print, or update your report.
10. I have a credit for a report, but when I try to use it, I'm being taken back to the Analytics product page. Help!
1. View the number of remaining credits you have on the My Accounts page; redeem the credit by clicking "Add Another Report" in the Report Packages section
2. Once you click "Add Another Report," you will be taken to the artnet Analytics product page where you can select a report of your choice by clicking "Build Report" under any of the report columns (please disregard the price as it will not apply to individuals redeeming a credit)
3. Create your report
4. Once you get to the Review and Purchase Your Report(s) page, check that the estimated total reads US$0.00; this will ensure that you are applying your credit
If you have any problems or questions regarding your credits, please email us, or call us at +1-212-497-9700, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (EST).
11. Where can I learn more about artnet Indices and its methodology?
To learn more about our product and how to build your own Analytics Report, please read our Introduction to artnet Indices and User Guide.
In addition, read our Complete Methodology to find out more about the artnet index generation system and the calculations involved.
For any remaining questions, please email us, or call us at +1-212-497-9700, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (EST).
Customer service / artnet Analytics team contacts
If you are still having trouble, please email artnet analysts or call at +1-212-497-9700 ext. 135, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (EST).
You can also contact artnet customer service as follows: