ARCO Madrid, Contemporary Art Fair
From Wednesday, February 19 2014 to Sunday, February 23 2014
Artists on the booth:
Prints by : Pierre Alechinsky, Eduardo Arroyo, Miquel Barceló, Georg Baselitz, Louise Bourgeois, Jorge Camacho, Eduardo Chillida, Equipo Cronica, Günther Förg, David Hockney, Jasper Johns, Jannis Kounellis, Joan Miró, David Nash, Pablo Palazuelo, A.R. Penck, Pablo Picasso, Jaume Plensa, Robert Rauschenberg, Antonio Saura, Sean Scully, Antoni Tàpies.
- Works by Turkish artist Ramazan Bayrakoglu will be on view. Galerie Lelong started representing this 45 years old, Izmir-based artist in 2013. Ramazan chooses strong images, often snapshots of everyday life or portraits of secondary role actors, and displays them as a puzzle, on embroidery or plexiglas. Each piece of the puzzle is then either sewn together or hand-painted individually with an exceptional care.
- A part of the booth will be turned into a small stage to present a group of terracotta sculptures and collages on paper by Antoni Tàpies. “Antoni Tàpies. From Object to Sculpture” ended in January 2014 at Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- A large painting by Günther Förg will be on view. Förg passed away in December 2013 at the age of 61. Galerie Lelong has been showing his works for nearly 20 years and will continue collaborating with his estate.
- A recent sculpture by Jaume Plensa will be installed in the center of the booth. In 2013 Plensa achieved a great national recognition by winning the prestigious Premio Velázquez, and he continued establishing his work internationally with large sculptures being on view in Venice, London, Calgary and in an open-air exhibition in Bordeaux. Important shows in 2014 will include Calcografía Nacional, Madrid, Spain; Skulpturenpark Waldfrieden, Wuppertal, Germany; Millenium Park, Chicago, USA.
- Recent paintings on canvas by Juan Uslé will also be presented, while the first retrospective of his “Soñé que Revelabas” series is scheduled to open at Kunstmuseum Bonn at the end of February 2014. Juan Uslé was chosen to design the 2014 Roland Garros French tennis tournament.
- Works by Chinese artist Lin Tianmiao will be part of the show. She is one of the first female artists from China to gain international exposure. She had her first show at Galerie Lelong Paris in 2013.
- A large part of the booth will be dedicated to prints and multiples with works available from 500 € (Equipo Cronica Bola Lithograph 1978). A large rare linocut from 1977 by Georg Baselitz will be on view, as well as a group of prints by Louise Bourgeois.